Pitching the Me We game and the consultancy
The basics of the game
The game is basically a salesman problem. The optimal route between destinations is influenced by 4 functionalities within the game. These are:
- how much income does each player have personally and how do the other players do income wise and where does the community stand in terms of income?
- which knowledge is most necessary to collect at this moment in view of keeping the cost of maintaining the knowledge at a minimum and the benefits of the knowledge at a maximum profitability for the whole community.
- Keeping the balance between moving forward to molding knowledge into functionality and qualities of the community to keep the cost of maintenance down and acquiring the necessary progress in keeping up with the cost of a growing community.
- how the general state of the community is in terms of income, health and waste. The risk of depleting the (game) worlds resources is a serious issue when the community is getting traction on developing its knowledge. When people get sick and weigh on the community because they are unable to help in caring for the community and accumulate knowledge is a serious slowdown on the community’s progress. And last but by no means least is the waste generated. People have to manage their waste in time. Which ties in directly with the available amount of resources and recycling them.
Feelings that are touched by playing the game
- develop a whole new understanding of the value of technology in relation to the development and sharing of knowledge that happens within a community.
- get a whole new way of thinking about the collection and management of income. The game shows that capital growth is functionless for the ins and outs of the community. Within the game, unbridled income is directly linked to waste of resources, stuff.
- develop a different way of looking at dealing with the maintenance of livelihood, peoples health and creating and processing waste.
- develop a different way of looking at illness and sickness of people in the community.
- start looking differently at the accumulation of knowledge and the functionality for the community of that knowledge
- become aware that living in a community is optimizing everyone’s talents and ability to contribute to the work within the community that needs to be done.
- become aware that living in a community means paying attention to 7 areas of activities, how they are progressing and functioning in the community and how that progress and functionality contributes to the 6 qualities every community needs to be able to thrive.
- become aware of much more personal insights as well.
Me We Game Consultancy Selling points
collaborative behaviour is based in human connection instead of collaborative techniques
organisations perform most efficient when organised in self managing teams
any organisation is best served with the flattest organisational structure possible. Every manager or director slows down the organisational functionality
Community only works when it is based in equality and therefore operating at peer 2 peer level
Community can only function if the resources are commons based.
Resources are used based on necessity instead of availability.
becoming and being a community is a conscious decision.
Why the Me-We game talks about knowledge development
In the Me-We game attention is given to the development of knowledge. Knowledge that is ultimately transformed into technology in our contemporary society. Technology that is used daily in all kinds of tasks that we have to take care of the livelihood of all people in the community. However, the technology is tied to specific values that limit the technology in its functionality. The technology in our contemporary society could be much more developed than it is at the moment. The reason for this brake on technology is the need to earn from technology. In the Me-We game, earning from others is completely absent. People do what they need to do to provide for their own livelihood. In doing so, nothing is put in their way. Everyone has access to all places where there is the possibility to work on the cost of living or processing the waste that is created by people living. Life simply means that ‘waste’ arises. That it is seen as waste is only because the knowledge development within the community is still in its infancy at the beginning of a community. Even if people in the current highly developed lifestyle we have in the West, would start a new community will have to develop functionality with each other that takes care of processing the waste and, above all, try to convert it into reusable sources. Every new compost heap simply needs a period of time to get started. Once the process is up and running, it continues effortlessly. Provided it is cared for in the way that it needs to be able to survive. This involves the knowledge needed to provide for and take care of the compost in a process-oriented way. The technology used is then less relevant. However, when clear, working technological advances arise in ensuring the compost process, a community benefits from the open and rapid sharing of that technological advance. Profit maximization is damaged by such sharing. For that reason, the game is about sharing talents advancing knowledge instead of technology and its advancements.